Dr. Richie Gupta
Plastic / Cosmetic Surgery
Contact Number: +91-9373055368
Dr. Richie Gupta, M.Ch
22+ Years Of Experience
Senior Consultant and Head Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
Plastic / Cosmetic Surgery
- M.Ch in Plastic Surgery from the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- M.S in Surgery from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
- Practicing Plastic Surgery in Delhi since past 17 years.
- Prior to joining Fortis, Dr. Richie Gupta was associated with Max Hospital, Sunder Lal Jain Hospital and Maharaja Agrasen Hospital as a Sr. Consultant Plastic Surgeon.
- Credited with originating the Subharti Technique of Cleft Palate Repair at the Subharti Institute of Medical Sciences, Dr. Richie Gupta brings with him an extensive experience of over 19 years
Dr. Gupta has the honorary membership of a number of medical associations such as the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, National Association of Burns of India, Association of Surgeons of India and the Indian Medical Association (IMA). Dr. Richie Gupta routinely participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) Programs and conferences. Prominent amongst these are the INDOCLEFT CON (2009) wherein he presented.
Awards and Accolades
Dr. Richie Gupta routinely participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) Programs and conferences. Prominent amongst these are the INDOCLEFT CON (2009) wherein he presented a paper on Modified FurlowPalatoplasty and also on Evolution of FurlowPalatoplasty in Our Hands-The Subharti Technique. His paper on the Subharti Technique was also selected for Peet Prize Session at APSICON 2009.
Dr. Richie Gupta has been in clinical practice in the field of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, since past 22 years. He is widely experienced in all aspects of Plastic Surgery. He is one of the leading surgeons in the country in the field of Sex Change Surgery and Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery. He also has a special inter. Presently, he is Senior Consultant and Head of the Department of Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh. The Department together with Department of Dermatology is providing the latest in the field of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery. A large number of reconstructive surgeries such as craniofacial surgery, post cancer resection reconstructive surgery, microvascular and free flap surgery, sex change surgery, hand and brachial plexus surgery, post burns reconstructive surgery and surgery for correction of birth defects are routinely carried out in this Department. This Department is also the leading unit in country in terms of number of sex change operations being performed, currently, around 15-20 per year. Dr. Richie has many publications in National and International Journals, to his credit.
Well versed in the management of a large spectrum of plastic surgery cases, Dr. Richie Gupta’s core areas of expertise include microsurgery and free flaps, hand surgery and re-implantations, maxilla facial surgery, burns and cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, cleft surgery and hair replacement surgery (flaps and micro hair transplants). He is also efficient in performing Gender Affirmation (Sex Reassignment) Surgeries.
- Simultaneous bilateral facial palsy as a result of isolated mandibular fractures
- Severe oropharyngeal trauma caused by toothbrush–case report and review of 13 cases
- Treating transsexuals in India: History, prerequisites for surgery and legal issues