Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh
Plastic / Cosmetic Surgery
Contact Number: +91-9373055368
Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh
28+ Years Of Experience
Consultant Fortis Hospital Anandapur, Kolkata
Plastic / Cosmetic Surgery
- F.R.C.S. (Plastic Surgery) 1999
- F.R.C.S. (England) 1991
- M.S. Surgery (University of Calcutta, India) 1992
- M.D. Surgery (University of Sheffield) 1998
- M.B.B.S. (University of Calcutta, India) 1986
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course
Indian Academy of Pediatrics New Delhi September 2007
- Art of Reconstructive Surgery
Royal College of Surgeons London December 2000
- Endoscopic Flap Surgery Course
Royal College of Surgeons London July 2000
- Advanced Course in Plastic Surgery – Genital Reconstruction
Plymouth May 1998.
- AO Course in Orthognathic Surgery
Loughborough University. May 1997.
- AO Course in Minifragment Fixation
Derby Royal Infirmary. April 1997.
- Advanced Course in Plastic Surgery – Breast Reconstruction
Cambridge. June 1996.
- AO Course in Basic Fracture Fixation
Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham. May 1996.
- Microsurgery Course.
Northwick Park Hospital. November 1992.
- Advanced Trauma and Life Support Course.
Birmingham Accident Hospital. July, 1991.
- UMDS Final Fellowship Course.
- St. Thomas’ Hospital, London. September, 1991. Awarded Course Prize.
Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh is an eminent Consultant with an experience of more than 28 years in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department.
He has got an extensive experience in all aspects of the excisional and reconstructive surgery for patients with cancer. Head and Neck Cancers, Melanomas Soft Tissue Sarcomas Breast Tumours Urogenital Tract Tumours Burns and Trauma Surgery. He has wide exposure in the management of patients with trauma. This ranges from Facial Trauma, including exposure, fixation and bone grafting of naso-ethmoidal-orbital fracture complexes, orbital blowout fractures, Le Fort I and II and mandibular fractures.
He has also performed several reconstructions of late deformities following these injuries. Exposure to emergency surgery has included a wide spectrum of Hand Trauma including soft tissue cover, tendon and nerve repairs, and closed and open treatment of fractures and fixation of fractures with metalwork and traction devices.
Replantations – Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh has independently performed over 50 replantations of various body parts including multidigit amputations, scalp avulsion, extreme distal digital amputations (at distal phalanx level) and auricle replantations.
Lower Limb Trauma: He has performed large numbers of procedures involving cover of soft tissue defects in the lower limb using local Fasciocutaneous flaps, muscle flaps, turnover flaps and free tissue transfer, working closely with Orthopedic surgeons.
In General Plastic Surgery: Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh also has wide exposure in General Plastic Surgery.
He has an extensive experience in breast and body wall surgery. He is trained in the surgery of Urogenital deformities, surgery for TMJ disorders, facial palsy surgery, elective hand procedures for rheumatoid disease, Ptosis, ear deformities, vascular malformations, augmentation and other Rhinoplasties, facial plastic surgery procedures and pressure sore treatment.
Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh has considerable experience in the management of congenital deformities, and is currently working with a charitable hospital for indigent students. His interest involves surgery of children with cleft lip and palate. He was trained in the United Kingdom at the Cleft Centre’s in Sheffield, Leeds and particularly in Manchester from 1994 to 1999. He has an extensive experience in performance of surgeries, approximately 40 cases per month.
Multidisciplinary Team Management:
Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh is closely involved with setting up multidisciplinary cancer care teams. He attaches great importance to interaction with and communication other medical personnel, nursing staff, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dieticians, palliative care personnel and community healthcare personnel. He is involved with, hands-on clinical training of staff.
He is a Life Member of the following:
- Life Member, Association of Plastic Surgeons of West Bengal
- Life Member, National Association of Burns India
- Member, Indian Association of Medical Informatics
Dr. Manish Mukul Ghosh’s special interest includes:
Excisional and Reconstructive Surgery for Malignancies, Head and Neck Cancers, Melanomas, Soft Tissue Sarcomas, Breast Tumours Urogenital Tract Tumours, Burns and Trauma Surgery : Burns, Facial Trauma, Hand Trauma, Replantations, Lower Limb Trauma, General Plastic Surgery, Congenital Deformities.
Dr. Ghosh has won awards for :
- Gold Medal in Clinical Surgery- Medical College, Calcutta, 1986.
- Duke of Edinburgh Prize (Clinical Surgery)- Medical College, Calcutta, 1985.
- Sir Frank Connor Prize (Surgical Anatomy)-Medical College, Calcutta, 1985.
- Wilson Silver Medal in Surgery-Medical College, Calcutta, 1985.
- Gold Medal in Clinical Pharmacology-Medical College, Calcutta, 1985.