Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic surgery is performed for correcting the facial and the body abnormalities due to trauma, birth defects, disease or aging. It includes a variety of fields such as cosmetic surgery, surgery for clefts, craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery and burn surgery.
- Face Rejuvenation
- Rhinoplasty: This surgery reshapes the nose or corrects the indentations, bumps or other deformities in the nose. Often it is done under general or local anaesthesia and involves making incisions inside the nose so that the scars aren’t visible post surgery. As per the result, some bone and cartilage may be removed and tissue may be added either from another part of the body or using the synthetic filler. A splint will be placed outside the nose which supports the new shape of nose as it heals. Nasal packaging is done inside the nose to provide additional support for a day. Usually, it is done as a day care procedure but sometimes you need a one night stay in the hospital or surgery center.
- Face lift: The most comprehensive approach to treat sagging and facial wrinkles due to aging, the best candidates for this surgery are the people in their 40’s or 70’s. During this procedure, the surgeon will remove the loose skin, access the tissues below the skin and alter their tightness. Depending on the circumstances, it can take anywhere from two to six hours.
- Neck lift: A set of procedures to enhance the appearance of the neck. The procedures include altering the neck tightness, removing loose skin, and improving the neck contour. Surgery includes making the cuts in front and behind the ears. With time, all the scars become imperceptible.
- Blepharoplasty: This cosmetic eyelid surgery dramatically improves the appearance of the droopy, tired and aged eyes by removing excess skin and pockets of fat from the upper and lower eyelids through incisions made along the natural skin lines of the eyelids or the incisions totally hidden within the lower lid. Often it takes less than two hours, depending on the amount and the location of the tissue being removed.
- Cheek, Jaw and Chin Implants
Other face rejuvenation procedures include chin augmentation, ear surgery, chin reduction, lip reduction and lip augmentation.
- Breast/ Chest
- Breast augmentation
It is a way to enhance the self-image and boost confidence. Also known as the augmentation, mammoplasty is a surgical procedure for increasing the breast size. During this surgery, the implant is placed behind the natural breast tissue which makes the breasts larger. The incisions will be made in the natural crease of the breasts, in the underside of the nipple area or in the armpit which makes them inconspicuous. Usually, the procedure is done under general anesthesia and takes about one to two hours for completion.
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
Sagging of breasts is a common problem due to aging. This procedure can raise the sagging or dropping breasts and also elevate the nipple and areola. Usually, this surgery takes around three to five hours and will need an overnight stay. The surgery will be done under local anaesthesia for smaller reductions.
- Male breast reduction (gynaecomastia)
A good candidate for this surgery included those with elastic and firm skin which allow the effective re-shaping of the chest contour. The surgeon will make small incision to remove excess fat around the lower half of the chest area using liposuction. This is a day care procedure done under general or local anaesthesia and takes around one to two hours for completion. A compression garment will be recommended post surgery
- Breast reduction surgery
Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is advised to women suffering with neck or back pain and skin infections die to large breast size. It removes the excess skin and tissue from the breasts to reshape and reduce the breast size. It can also make the dark area surrounding the nipple areola smaller.
It is done under general anaesthesia and often takes three to five hours. Usually an overnight stay will be recommended. Post surgery a compression garment will advised to contour the breasts.
- Body Contouring
It is a minimally invasive surgery which removes the stubborn fat deposits that are not responding to diet or exercises. Often it is performed under general or local anaesthesia with sedation. Usually this is treated as a day case. The surgeon will make a small incision in the area being treated and sulk out the fat using cannulas. Similarly, thighs, back, abdomen, arms and neck can also be addressed.
Also known as arm lift cosmetic surgery, it is done to reshape the underside of the upper arm from the armpit to the elbow. It removes the extra fat and skin to provide a more toned and balanced appearance. The extra fat will be removed with liposuction and if necessary a cut on the inner surface of the upper arm from the armpit to the elbow removes the extra skin.
Also known as tummy tuck, it is recommended for patients with excess skin on the abdomen which doesn’t respond to diet and exercises. This surgery flattens the skin by removing excess fat and skin and tightening the muscles in the abdominal wall. The incision is like a C section usually hidden inside the garments. This surgery is specially suited for patients or women who have a lax abdomen post pregnancy.
Other body contouring procedures include Medial thigh plasty and Lateral thigh lift and buttock lift.
- Hair transplant
- Dimple creation surgery
- Ear lobe repair surgery
- Fat transfer
- Mole removal
- Scar revision
- Vaginal tightening
- Reconstructive surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Cleft & Palate reconstruction
- Ear reconstruction
Our Team of Specialists
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
Dr. Vipul Nanda- Head
Dr. Manik Sharma- Consultant
Dr. Raja Tiwari