How to compare India with other countries for medical treatment?
India has some of the world’s best health care facilities, staffed by doctors with international qualifications, ample and varied experiences. The cost of treatment in India is substantially lesser than in the developed countries. In some cases, the difference can result in as much as 60% savings. For patients, the result is a win-win… situation with the world class medical attention and patient care services and savings.
How does Fortis Healthcare compare with other hospitals?
Fortis Healthcare offers patients:
- A large network of integrated healthcare services across Asia-Pacific
- A team of highly specialized, internationally trained doctors who are world renowned for their skills and expertise
- World class medical facilities that use the latest technologies
- Seamless services, personalized care and attention
- Great value for money
Can you help me get a visa?
Certainly, once you confirm your visit to our facility for your medical treatment, we will send a visa requisition letter to the Indian Embassy in your country. A copy of the letter will be marked for you. Please send us the following details through an email if you want us to send a visa requisition letter to the Indian Embassy in your country:
- Patient’s name and passport number
- Medical escort’s name and passport number
- Your tentative date of arrival at Fortis for the treatment Note
- If you are traveling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. Our team will help you with all these formalities.
- Patients from Pakistan and Bangladesh are required to register with the nearest Police Station or Police Commissioner’s office within 24 hours of arrival. Refer to your Visa/ Transit document for more instructions.
- Please bring 10 passport size photographs with you for the above formalities.
Will you arrange for an airport pickup?
Sure. Before your arrival, our International Patients Services Team will send you the name and contact details of the staffer being sent to meet you. This person will escort you to the hospital or accommodation. If you are unable to find the person sent to pick you up, call our hospital helpline.
Where will I stay till I’m admitted to the hospital or after I’m discharged?
Depending on your budget, we will arrange an accommodation for you and your attendant close to the hospital at nearby service apartments, guesthouses or luxurious 5-star hotels. Facilities like an on-call doctor, hospital visits, cab services and emergency ambulance can also be arranged by us.
What about my doctor appointments?
Our International Patient Coordinator will liaise between you and the hospital. He will arrange your appointments as well as the referrals that will be needed for various services like the outpatient clinic, medical imaging, laboratory and pathology and inpatient surgical procedures.
Are there any special facilities and services that you provide to the international patients?
- Airport pick up and drop
- VISA/FRRO assistance
- A SIM card, provided to you immediately after your arrival, so that you can talk to your relatives back home
- Language interpreters
- Fax, photocopy, and courier services
- Foreign Exchange conversion at the hospital
- Laundry services
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in most of our hospitals
- In-room color television, cable connection, DVD player
- Complimentary stay in your room for one attendant (while you are being operated on, we will provide alternative accommodation for your attendant)
- Daily updates for your referring doctors and family
- Special arrangements to meet specific religious or dietary needs
What modes of payment do you accept?
Transfer money directly from your bank account to Fortis Healthcare’s account– it takes about 7 working days for the funds to be credited. Send us the scanned copy of the money transfer receipt; this will be used to help you settle your bill. On discharge, any excess amount will be refunded to you and any shortfall will have to be paid in cash. Note that we will send you our bank details on request. The transferred amount cannot be used for bill settlement unless you provide us with a copy of the wire transfer receipt.
At the Fortis Hospital: pay your hospital bill at the directly through cash, card, or traveller’s cheques Note, we accept all major credit cards like VISA, AMEX, MASTER Card and CIRRUS. We accept payment for inpatient services in the following currencies: US Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euro, UAE Dirham, Omani Riyal, Saudi Riyal, Kuwait Dinar and Singapore dollars.